2 Delicious Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Soup serves as a great starter. If you want something light for dinner or are trying to lose weight, a bowl of soup full of vegetables will do the wonder. It gives you less calorie but keeps you full for a long time. So, here are two recipes of vegetarian soup that will provide you with the required nutrition. Also, they are delicious.
Pumpkin is full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, lutein, and fiber that will protect you from many diseases, give you good eyesight and healthy skin. So, a bowl of this soup will not only give you so much befits, but it has lesser calorie as well.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
- Pumpkin puree – 4 cups
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Salt- to taste
- Vegetable stock – 6 cups
- Peppercorns – 5
- Rhyme, fresh and chopped – ½ tsp
- Minced garlic – 1 clove
- Parsley – 1 tsp, chopped
- Heavy cream – ½ cup
- Take a large pot and add all the ingredients except parsley and cream.
- As soon as boiling starts, reduce the flame and cook on low flame for half an hour. Don’t cover it.
- Next, puree the mixture and add to the pot again.
- When boiling starts, lower the flame and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Your soup is ready to serve.
Yummy Tomato soup
It is creamy and thick in texture, but very light on your stomach. You can easily have it in the evening or dinner. It is so tasty that kids will love it.
Time of preparation: 15 mins
Time of cooking: 40 mins
- Vegetable stock- 2 cups
- Tomato – 1 big can
- Salt – to taste
- Medium size chopped onion – 1
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp
- Cannellini beans – ½ cup, cooked
- Butter unsalted – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – to taste
- Grounded Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Basil leaves chopped – 1 Tsp
- Take a pot, put it on medium flame, and heat the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and stir it till they become soft and color starts to change. Mix the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Now mix the tomatoes along with the vegetable stock. Simmer it for half an hour and stir a few times in between.
- Switch off the flame and cool the mixture.
- Then pour it in a blender. Add butter, sugar, beans and black pepper powder and blend it well so that no lump remains.
- Your soup is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped and fresh basil leaves and serve hot.
You can also try carrot soup with ginger, spinach soup with corn, potato, and beans soup, and a lot more according to your taste. So, if you haven’t made your dinner yet, try one vegetarian soup recipe and give yourself a delectable surprise. You can have any of these soups as a starter before an elaborate meal too.