Here we present to you three stuffed style vegetarian appetizers to relish alongside your main course meals.
Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- One big handful of Barbecue potato chips
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Also, line a large size rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice off one-third of all peppers lengthwise. Also, with the help of a small spoon scoop and discard out the seeds and layers from all the peppers.
- Add the cream cheese, chopped cilantro, green onion, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir to mix.
- Now stuff all the peppers evenly with this prepared mixture (with a small amount left).
- Then deck up each pepper with a little pile of cheese lengthwise.
- Put the peppers on the rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to bake for 10 to 13 minutes. The peppers are done when the cheese starts bubbling and turn golden.
- In the meantime, add a big handful of chips in a food processor and blend till the chips are broken into tiny bits.
- Sprinkle the feta and additional one tablespoon of cilantro and green onion in the crushed chips.
- Place the jalapeño poppers to a large serving plate and coat every baked pepper with the crushed chip mix.
- Get ready to dig in the delicious poppers!
Salsa Stuffed Avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, coarsely chopped
- Four ripe avocados, halved, pits removed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon peel
- Kosher salt
- Flaky sea salt to serve
- Add cilantro, mint, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, oil, and preserved lemon peel in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Season this dressing with salt.
- Take a spoonful of the dressing top evenly into avocados.
- Sprinkle some sea salt over every avocado.
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8-ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Further, clean mushrooms using a damp paper towel. Also, separate its stems carefully.
- Chop these stems very finely, remove the tough end of stems.
- Then in a large skillet heat oil on medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and chopped mushroom stems. Fry them until all the moisture has disappeared. Please note do not overcook, or garlic will burn.
- Turn off heat and let it cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture cools down, add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper into it. Note: Mixture must be extremely thick.
- Now with a small spoon, spoon every mushroom with a plentiful of cheese stuffing. Place the mushrooms on a prepared baking sheet and put it in the preheated oven.
- Bake mushrooms for 20 minutes, until mushroom cups become moist from below.
- Your stuffed mushrooms are ready to eat.