3 Easy Meal Ideas For Vegetarians
Wonder what vegan meals you are going to make these weekend when are your friends going to drop in? Serve them with these easy to do delicious recipes.
1. Roasted Macaroni With Pumpkin
Total Time: 60-90 minutes
– Butternut squash 1 (1kg)
– Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
– Vegan parmesan, grated, 75 g
– Powered garlic, ½ teaspoons
– Mustard powder, 1 teaspoon
– Grated nutmeg, 1 teaspoon
– Sage, 1 bunch
– Macaroni, 400g
– Unsweetened drink Alpro Oat, 300ml
– Cooking olive oil, 2 tablespoons plus little more
• Heat the oven at 180°C. Cut the squash lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh discarding the seeds.
• Using a sharp knife make crisscross pattern on the flesh. Brush it with some oil. Season with pepper and salt in generous amount.
• Spread a parchment paper over a baking tray. Place the squash over it, putting the flesh side downward. Cook it in the oven for 50-60 minutes. It will become soft.
• Cook the pasta in boiled water. While the pasta is getting ready, scoop out the squash and leave the skin. Place the cooked squash in a blender.
• Add vegan parmesan, lemon juice, powdered garlic, mustard powder, olive oil, nutmeg, and the unsweetened drink. In a pot heat the sauce. Add pepper and salt for taste.
• In a pan heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Fry hazelnuts and sage leaves till crispy.
• Pour the pasta over the sauce and coat well. Top it with hazelnut and sage before serving. One of the vegan meals is ready to indulge.
2. Vegan Coleslaw For Vegan Meals
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
– Garlic clove, 1
– Dijon mustard, ¾ tablespoons
– Black pepper
– Soya milk, 150 ml
– Sunflower oil, 150ml
– Red cabbage, 250g
– White cabbage, 250g
– Carrot, 75g
– Onion, 1/2
• Before cooking heat the oven at 180°C. Put the garlic clove into a roasting tin. Cook it for 10 minutes. It will smell great. When it starts to smell, remove it from the heat. Pill the skin of it.
• For making the mayonnaise, blend the mustard, roasted garlic, pepper. Stir in soya milk and a little bit of salt. Mix it all well till smooth.
• Next, pour the sunflower oil slowly into the blender while you are blending. Continue blending until it emulsifies into the texture of mayonnaise.
• Grate white cabbage, red cabbage, and the carrot. Chop the onion finely. Mix every ingredient in a big bowl. Pour the mayonnaise, and your Coleslaw is ready.
3. Smokey Penne & Cheese
Total Time: –
– Cashews, soaked for 2 hours, ¾ cup
– Penne, half bag
– Onion, 1
– Cloves of garlic, 3
– Sundried tomatoes, 4/5
– Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon
– Miso paste, 1 tablespoon
– Tomato puree, ½-1 teaspoon
– Turmeric, a ½ teaspoon
– Liquid smoke, 1 teaspoon, (optional)
– Nutritional yeast, ¾ tablespoons
– Veggie stock, 2 cups
– Lemon juice, half lemon
– Red pepper, roasted (optional)
• Add penne pasta in a pot with boiling water. When done, drain the water. Rinse it with cold water. Set it aside.
• Chop the garlic and onions. Take a pan and add oil into it. Add the garlic and onions into it. Stir till it becomes soft, not brown.
• Add the softened garlic and onion mixture in a blender. Put other ingredients except for the yeast and the pasta. If you are going to use the roasted pepper, then remove the skin and add it into the blender.
• Blend all the ingredients weill until it becomes smooth. In the pot where you cooked the grated garlic and onions, pour this mixture into it. Let it thicken on low/medium heat. Frequently stir. Add the lemon juice when it thickens.
• In the pot, add the cold pasta. Coat it thoroughly with sauce and heat it through. Serve it hot in bowls.