Easy Garden Vegetarian Lasagna Soup Recipe
Lasagna soup is a great choice for the vegan families out there. Especially on weekends and holidays, when you are enjoying your time with your friends and family, you can make this easy and quick recipe. The great thing about this soup is that you are getting a delicious flavor and that is too full of nutrients from different vegetables. You can prepare sliced mushrooms, summer squash, or broccoli florets, to make the soup. Similarly, you can also add tomato, onion, carrot, zucchini, and spinach to your vegetarian lasagna soup to make it more healthy and tasty. Let’s have a quick look at the lasagna soup recipe and enjoy your holiday.
Garden Vegetarian Lasagna
Most of the vegans prefer this soup due to its awesome lasagna flavor and benefits of various vegetables. Plus, the melty three cheese ricotta blend is an added bonus!
Prep Time: 10 mins; Cook Time: 35 mins; Total Time: 45 mins; Servings: 1.5 cups each
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Yellow onion- 1 piece
- Garlic- 4 cloves
- Carrots- 2
- Zucchini- 1 (1/2 lb.)
- Diced tomatoes-15 oz can
- Tomato sauce- 15 oz can
- Blend Italian seasoning- 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable Broth- 4 cups
- Lasagna noodles- 8 oz
- Frozen spinach- 1/4 lb
Three Cheese Ricotta Blend
- Ricotta- 15 oz
- Divided shredded mozzarella-1 cup
- Parmesan (grated or shredded)-1/4 cup
- Salt-1/8 teaspoon
- Freshly cracked pepper
- After dicing the onion and mincing the garlic, add them to a large soup pot and make sure to add the olive oil too.
- Saute the mixture over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until you find the onions soft and transparent.
- Now peel and slice the carrots and the zucchini too. You have cut the zucchini to quarter round slices. And then you have to add them to the pot and cook them for at least 2 minutes. You will notice the zucchini is softening.
- It is time to add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning blend, and vegetable broth to the same pot. Now stir them well in medium heat and boil them.
- Meanwhile, break the lasagna noodles into the 1-inch piece and add it to the boiling soup for 10-12 minutes. Cook them until you feel the noodles become tender.
- While you wait for the noodles to boil, combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, and freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. You will have to save some mozzarella to top the soup with it.
- Now, stir the combination well until the cheese and seasonings mix with each other perfectly.
- Once you think the pasta is ready, add the frozen spinach too; stir until spinach melts.
- Now put a dollop of the cheese blend in each bowl you are going to pour the soup and ladle the soup over.
- Add a little bit or the remaining shredded mozzarella on top of the soup.
You can replace the vegetables if you want, but make sure to follow the directions correctly. Moreover, if you need any help, we are available in the comment box below.