Most of the people out there think that vegans have very fewer options in the vegetarian recipe. This blog bursts such myths because here you will be provided with some of the best vegan recipes that will make your mouth water.
This article is going to deal with the Crispy Potato Bruschetta which is healthy and easy to cook. Yes, this is a comfort food recipe which can be done in very less time. The following recipe will serve two people as main course or five as an appetizer.
Pro Tip- It is better to serve it directly on the baking sheet if possible. This sheet will keep the potato warmer than when you put it on a plate.
- Large Russet Potatoes Unpeeled-2 (approx. 500g)
- Virgin olive oil or Grapeseed oil- 1 table spoon (15mL)
- Fine sea salt
- Ripe Avocado- 1 large
- Fresh Basil Leaves- ½ cup (15g)
- Grape Tomatoes- 2 cups
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1 tablespoon (15ml)
- Fresh lemon juice- 1 tablespoon (15ml)
- Take an extra large baking sheet or two medium sized sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 425oF.
- Now slice the potatoes into round shape and make sure that they are ¼ inches thicker. If the potato pieces are less thick than that, you won’t be able to pick them up with hands while eating and the edges get cooked quickly. Potatoes should be sturdy.
- Place the potato slices in the center of one baking sheet in a mound and toss oil all over so that every potato is fully coated. Now spread them across in single layer. The distance between each piece should be ½ inch.
- Sprinkle salt on all the potato slices.
- Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes. Take them out in halfway and flip them until they become tender and golden brown in color.
- Now you can get started on preparing the toppings. Take a large food processor, mince the basil and garlic until they are chopped. Add tomatoes and make sure that that they are chopped into peanut or almond size. Remove the bowl from processor and add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Set the topping aside to marinate.
- Now start dicing the avocadoes into almond sized pieces. Mix them with the tomatoes topping. Taste it for salt and add more if required. The mixture will look watery, it is normal so don’t panic.
- After removing the potatoes from oven, sprinkle salt on them once again. Take half or one table spoon of tomato-avocado mixture; strain the water from it by pressing the mixture tightly against the bowl. Place the mixture on potato piece. Repeat the same procedure for all the potato slices and you are done.
Make sure that the entire water is drained while you are placing the mixture onto potato. If there is any water present in the mixture, it may affect the taste of entire potato bruschetta.