Corn is one of the most healthy snack options and is enjoyed by both children and adults. It is of high nutritional value and provides heat and warmth to the body, especially during winters. Corn can be used in a variety of dishes and snacks. The most popular among these snacks are nachos, corn flakes, tortillas, etc. Boiled corn is also enjoyed by many people, especially young kids, since it is tasty and not spicy. Lemon Honey Glazed Sous Vide Corn On The Cob Recipe is a French recipe using corn cob along with the perfect balance of citrus lemon and sweet honey.
It is made with a French cooking technique known as the “sous-vide technique,” which translates to “under vacuum” in French language. The recipe is so-called as the recipe requires vacuum sealing the food in a bag and then cooking it at a fixed and appropriate temperature of the water, which generally is impossible to achieve using any other method. It balances the taste perfectly, making it both sweet and tangy that feels like a treat to your appetite.
Ingredients required to make Lemon Honey Glazed Sous Vide Corn On The Cob Recipe
- A single piece of young corn on the cob
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery stalk
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1/2 tbsp of sliced carrot
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 plastic bag to vacuum seal the corn cob
- One food thermometer to check the water temperature.
- Few parsley leaves for garnishing.
The making process of Lemon Honey Glazed Sous Vide Corn On The Cob Recipe
- Marinate corn with all the ingredients and vacuum seal the corn in a plastic bag
- Heat water till it reaches 63-degree Celsius and then maintain water at that temperature.
- Starting with cold water, put the vacuum-sealed bag of corn cob in water.
- Cook in the water for around 160 minutes.
- After cooking for the required duration, take out the bag and garnish it with paprika powder and some parsley leaves.
Benefits of the recipe
You can serve it while it is hot along with any chutney if you want. Corn is known to have excellent nutritional value with great taste. Honey and lemon help in managing the PH levels of the body. In addition to them, parsley and celery stalk are like a cherry on the top, making the dish healthier and tastier.
A treat for you and your loved ones.
It is not only a treat for the taste buds but equally satisfying for the stomach along with the great nutritional value. It takes around three hours in total to make this recipe, including the preparation time. Even though time-consuming, it is worth all the time and effort when you want to give a little treat to yourself or your loved ones.