For most of the people out there, soup is, and if it is winter, then the soup is a must-have in their meal. Vegans have a plethora of soup options that they can opt for. Here are some of the tasty vegan soup recipes that you should give a try in this winter.
Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
This soup recipe can be considered as a low-calorie soup recipe that you should try at home. If you are planning about reducing your weight or planning to opt a diet regime, then you should include this soup into your meal plan as it is tasty and you won’t have to compromise on taste either.
- Olive Oil-2 teaspoons
- Stalk Celery- 1, chop it finely
- Garlic- 1 clove, minced
- Onion- 1, should be small in size and chopped
- Basil- ½ cup, fresh
- Fresh Thyme Leaves- 1 teaspoon
- Diced Tomatoes-2
- Vegetable Broth- 2 cups, it should be low sodium and non-fat.
- Take a saucepan and preheat it for some seconds. Now add olive oil on medium heat
- Add onions, garlic, and celery and keep mixing them gently until they fry and both onions, as well as celery, turn their color into golden brown. Do not let the garlic turn brown into color
- Now add broth, basil, thyme, and the tomatoes. Keep them as they are to boil.
- Reduce the heat and keep the stove on simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Keep the soup aside for some time so that it cools down.
- If you have an immersion blender, use it to blend the ingredients into the soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then you can puree the soup in a food processor or a blender.
- You can puree it according to the consistency that you like as it varies from person to person.
- Serve it hot. If you are planning to have it in winter, then allow it to cool for some time. The soup tastes great either ways.
Cheesy Pea Soup
Well, how can one add cheese into the vegan soup recipe? I know this doubt is bugging you since you read the title. In this recipe, we won’t be using a dairy product. This soup is 100% vegan. The cheesy texture will be brought with the help of cashews and yeast.
Let’s get started with the tasty and cheesy pea soup.
- Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Cashews- 1/3 cup, soaked in water for at least one hour.
- White onion- 1, diced
- Frozen peas- 3 cups
- Vegetable stock- 31/2 cup
- Miso paste- ½ teaspoon (it is optional)
- Nutritional yeast flakes- 4 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper- according to your taste
- Celery- 1, finely chopped
- Leek- Roughly chopped
- Garlic- 1 clove, finely chopped
- Take a saucepan and heat olive oil in it. Sauté onions and garlic until they are softened. Add the leek and celery into the pan and keep cooking for two minutes.
- Add peas and stock. Cook on simmer for 5 minutes.
- Keep the pan aside until it is cooled. Now add nutritional yeast and cashew nuts in pan. If you want you can add miso paste too.
- Use an immersion blender or a normal one to puree the soup. Add salt and pepper for according to your taste. You can add vegan cheese too if you want in the garnish.