The heart and soul of Arab cuisine are its grains, spices, and vegetables. Yes, meat plays a significant role, but many recipes in Arab (Middle Eastern) dining are vegetarian. These Arabic vegetarian food recipes are succulent, healthy, and enjoyed by both meat-eaters and vegetarians.
Simple And Healthy Arabic Vegetarian Food Recipes
1. Superseed Kale Salad
Total Time: 15 mins
Servings: 2 -3
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, divided
- 2 tbsp sliced onion
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 3 cups of chopped shredded kale
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2-3 tbsp each of pomegranate, sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- ½ an avocado sliced
- Fresh black pepper
Step1: Add lemon nutritional yeast, maple syrup, and nutritional yeast to a large bowl and mix everything until the kale is tender.
Step2: Add remaining ingredients and blend well and top with assorted seeds.
2. Banana Date Suhoor Smoothie
Total Time: 10 to 15 mins
Servings: 2 – 4
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- ½ cup oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients on high until creamy and smooth. Serve & enjoy!
3. Easy Walnut Pesto
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 3 – 4
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- Sea salt to taste
- A splash of water
Step1: Mix all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until mixed, stopping to scrape down corners as required.
Step2: Depending on your gadget, you may require to add a splash of water to help mix.
4. Rose Cardamom Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + extra to serve
- Coconut flakes, fresh berries, and pistachios
Step1: Take a medium-size bowl and mix all ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator to absorb for 2 to 3 hours.
Step2: Divide among serving bowls and top with an extra drizzle of maple syrup and other ingredients.
5. Superfood Salata Baladi
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ a medium avocado, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ – 1 tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds of choice
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Step1: Except avocado, toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Step2: Add in the lemon juice, ACV, seasoning, olive oil, and combine well.
Step3: Spoon in the avocado and combine gently to avoid cubes from turning to pulp.
We hope you like these recipes, which are easy to prepare and best for any occasion. Health-conscious people can also try these dishes because they are cholesterol and fat-free. They all contain essential nutrients. Try instantly!