Making vegan cream cheese is super easy, but for that, you have to know the recipe. Here, you will learn how to make the creamy cheese having the perfect lusciousness and tanginess.
Making Gluten-Free Vegan Cream Cheese
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Setting time – 1 hour
- Raw almonds – 75 g
- Medium-firm tofu – 454 g
- Fresh lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- White wine vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Nutritional yeast – 2 tbsp
- Refined coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Fine sea salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Dried drill – ½ tsp
How To Make
- Put some water in a pot and let it boil. Switch off the flame and add the almonds to the boiled water. Put a lid on the pot and let them soak for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the water and peel the skin of the almonds.
- Now, add the almonds, tofu, white wine vinegar and lemon juice, sea salt, dill, coconut oil, and nutritional yeast in the food processor. Let it process for about 3 minutes so that you get a smooth mixture without any lump.
- Taste it, and if needed, add a little salt and process again.
- Your cheese is ready. You can have it as a spread on toast or as a dip immediately. But it is better to keep it in the fudge for about 1 hour. This way, the cream cheese becomes a little firm.
How To Store The Cheese
Once you prepare the cheese, put it in an airtight container, and then put it in the fridge. You can keep it for about six days.
Vegan Cream Cheese – Tips
- Do not change any of the ingredients if you want to prepare the excellent cheese. By changing just any of the items, you will not get the desired results. However, if you’re willing to make it without coconut oil or almonds, you can do that.
- Always opt for medium-firm tofu because the firm or extra firm variety will make the cream cheese firmer. The softness and creaminess will be less. Do not use the silken tofu. Use the simple tofu.
- If you want, you can avoid using dill. Though the final product will not have a taste of dill, it adds a certain uniqueness to the recipe. Other ingredients fail to do so.
How To Make Vegan Cheese Without Almonds?
Instead of almonds, you can use cashew nuts in their raw forms. Soak them in hot water and then process as per the recipe. Do you want to make it nut-free? Then you need to use the coconut oil more. Use about ½ cup of coconut oil instead of ¼ cup. This additional oil will help to give the proper texture to the cream cheese once you keep it in the refrigerator.
How To Make Cream Cheese Without Coconut Oil?
Do not add the coconut oil while making the cheese. Keep other ingredients intact. Though the cheese will be loose and the richness will be less, but you can use it as a delicious spread, as well as a dip.